PREPARATION QUESTIONS FOR NEW CLIENTS
If you are considering the Collaborative approach, the following questions will help you to think about what you are looking for from your Collaborative Lawyer. They are also a useful tool if you want to know if the Collaborative approach is suitable for you.
- What do you want in your new life?
- What don’t you want in your new life?
- What can you offer your spouse that they need?
- What do you need from your spouse?
- What do you need from the lawyers?
- Why choose Collaborative?
- Tell me what I need to know about how your family works
- What matters most?
- Tell me what is really important
- Why is that important to you?
- Tell me more
- Tell me about each child
- What do the children need us to put in place?
- When the children are in their 20s and look back at this point in time onwards, what childhood memories do we wan them to have?
- What’s the worst we can do?
- What’s the best we can do?
- Looking back from 2/5/10 years’ time, how do you want to have coped with and handled this part of your life?
You can download these questions here (pdf file).